Massage Therapy at Med 1 Ann Arbor (main practice) and Med 1 Belleville (lifestyle center)
Most basic local massages won’t give the same benefits as a Med 1 Therapeutic Massage. Like exercise, your benefits are cumulative. So, the more regularly you receive a massage the more your body will reap their advantages. Some like to think of it as preventative maintenance. Imagine all of the stress you are relieving in advance?
- Increase Range Of Motion / Flexibility
- Increase Circulation
- Reduce Soreness & Lactic Acid
- Increase Muscle Mass
- Performance Enhancement
- Releases Serotonin / Improves Cognitive Function
- Injury Prevention
- A Relaxed Lower Tension State Encourages Focus
- Reduces Inflammation and Promotes the growth of new mitochondria, the energy-producing units in the cells
- Manual Assistance of blood flow back to the heart delivers fresh oxygen and nutrients and promotes removal of waste build up
- Oxygenates the cells
Two Types of Responses
- Mechanical response: As a result of pressure and movement.
- Reflex Response: Where the nerves respond to the stimulation of massage